Argos Systems, Inc., the leader in automated software solutions for the building industry, invites those individuals that are looking for a challenging opportunity and personal satisfaction to explore a satisfying career with the Argos team. Our products provide "solutions with a commitment." We help the customer streamline their operation by providing a 'hands-on' approach.
Please send resumes and cover letters to:
Software Sales Engineer
Location: Bedford, MA
Responsible for selling/marketing software and related services to the building industry. The primary target market is homebuilding industry. This requires a professional and consultative solutions sales approach and a capability to understand customersí processes and requirements, working knowledge of product features, benefits, and technical capabilities; together with excellent sales skills.
The individual will be required to answer inquiries on the products features, benefits, and technical specifications; manage relationships with customers within a given geographical territory; generate prospective customers through cold calling; mail marketing/sales literature to prospective clients; attend trade shows; and provide product demonstrations.
- Represent Vertex products in the U.S. by attending trade shows, consulting with current and prospective customers, and other sales and marketing events
- Generate new sales leads through cold calling, email, and mail.
- Negotiate pricing and implementation contracts
- Consistently close new business subject to a monthly quota
- Respond to inquiries about product features, benefits, and technical specifications
- Demonstrate product capabilities to prospective clients on-site and through internet
- Bachelorís degree or equivalent experience in engineering or business related field.
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Knowledge of building industry techniques and practices
- 1 to 5 years previous software sales experience
- Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills with the ability to interpret technical and business questions
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently
- Travel required up to 50%
Argos Systems, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.